Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This Is More Or Less a Continuation of the Previous Entry


“Do you see this really really fading white that completes the circle of the crescent moon?”






My father asked me the other night. I didn’t have my contact lenses on and saw the crescent moon blurry. So I answered, “Yeah, well I don’t see the moon clearly but yeah I guess,” without thinking about it. But actually there is no ‘really really fading white that completes the circle of the crescent moon.’ It is pure imagination of the brain. I mean there is no light reflecting the dark part of the moon at all. Do you see how unreliable our brain can be?

Brain is our core organ to think, to make decisions. But our brain modifies the facts with the impression we have or with the previous beliefs we have. How did we end up being so unstable? Why have our brains developed this way? What can we do about it?

There are too many questions that are yet to be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment